Sunday, September 4thAfter 4 months of preparation of getting visas, passports and personal affairs in order Conley and I were set apart as full time missionaries by President Jones. What wonderful blessings we received! It was great again to be supported by our family both in our home and through face time and have them participate in our setting apart. The scripture we had selected to be included in the title of our blog was referred to in my blessing, "that mine angels will be round about us"(D&C 84:88)( including Scott) and that I would love the land we serve in and that my personal family history would become more dear to my heart as we served in sacred places. We are so excited to begin our mission tomorrow and help others "Come Unto Christ". Last week when we spoke in Sacrament Meeting Madi and Dallin performed a beautiful song with that title. We are so blessed to know that we have a Savior, Jesus Christ, that he is part of our lives and guides us through our journey on earth.
Monday, September 5th
From the moment we walked into the front doors of the MTC I was overcome with a special spirit and became emotional. We were taught that the MTC is a sacred place and angels minister in the halls - I know that to be true because I have felt it. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing the day was - you would have to experience it yourself, but I feel so blessed to be here and I want to absorb as much as I can. What a wonderful opportunity it is to be here and be taught. President Bednar gave a devotional a few years ago at the MTC entitled "The Character of Christ"and we were able to watch it tonight. The character of Christ is that he always turns outward, not inward. He turns outward to others with love, service and compassion. That is my goal as I begin my mission!
| Arriving at the MTC - September 5, 2016 |
WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!
| The famous picture by the "map" |
| A moment with Elder Alles |
We found Elder Alles in the cafeteria today and he bore his testimony to us in Korean. So wonderful!
Notes from Conley
Entering the MTC was a very sacred and moving experience. My feelings and emotions are very
much on the surface, and after watching Elder Bednar's devotional on the "Character of Christ" I am
excited to serve even more. It is wonderful to be here with this Senior Missionary group. They are
a dedicated and humble group. It is also fun to be with the younger missionaries. They are fun to talk to and be around. The MTC and Mission is a great experience. Remember Who You ARE..
| Elder Willmore writing on blog in our apartment |
Loved loved loved reading this. Can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete