Sunday, February 26, 2017

I Believe

My Testimony Of Jesus Christ 
Spring is starting to pop through the
 ground everywhere
"Snow drops"
and His Restored Gospel
This week as I have pondered my testimony and the many truths that I hold dear, I want to express them and write them down.  I have been blessed to have a knowledge of my Heavenly Father since I was first taught to pray by my earthly mother and father.  I have never questioned that fact because I KNOW He is near and watches over us.  I know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father and I know we are all children of our Heavenly Parents.

I was also taught about Jesus Christ, but that knowledge is an ever growing process that I probably will never comprehend.  This much I do know, that he is aware of my life, my struggles and my joys and he assists and pours out tender mercies in my behalf and on my family’s behalf.  I see those tender mercies and I am grateful for them.  I know from life’s experience’s that our problems and struggles are not always going to go away but if we have faith in our Savior he will bless us with the strength to endure them and will be by our side, lift us up and give us peace.  Even if that peace comes and goes.  I BELIEVE in his words, that we will be able to live with our Father again because of Christ's atonement and we will also be able to become who we need to be in this life as we pray for guidance and help to overcome our weaknesses through His Grace.

I have a testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost and I am so grateful for the spirit’s influence in my life when I listen and obey the promptings I receive.  I realize the Holy Ghost is a special gift that can enlighten us and guide us as we seek and listen to the promptings.  I testify that His spirit is real and present in our lives because I have felt those promptings come and have seen the blessings that have come from his promptings. I have many special memories of His influence and guidance throughout my life.  I hold those experiences sacred.

I am so blessed to have the Restored Gospel in my life.  I realize that I was truly blessed to have this knowledge all my life.  I am realizing how few people in this world have that knowledge and are not even aware of the reality of a kind Heavenly Father, of a Savior, Jesus Christ and of the influence and power of the Holy Ghost.  I cannot even imagine life without this knowledge.  Brother Dowling, in our ward, shared an article about a young woman who joined the church when she was ten.  Her father invited the missionaries into their home for a laugh, but she felt the spirit and joined the church. She was a daughter of a drug addict mother and father and despite all the struggles she had, she found the gospel and became a remarkable young women who knows WHO she is.  She is preparing to go on a mission and share that knowledge with others.  Her story is inspiring and confirms that through our Savior, we can overcome anything in this life and become who He wants us to be.

I am grateful for prophets, both modern and ancient who have taught and testify of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for the guidance I receive from our prophets now and I know they are representatives of our Savior.  I love to listen to and read their words, both in scriptures and by modern media.

I Love the Temple and all it represents.  As we have lived away from the temple for the last six months, I have missed being able to attend the temple and feeling that special spirit and peace in that Holy Place.  I love the promises of the Temple and I love my family and I am grateful for the blessing of having my family sealed to us forever.  They are my greatest possession in this life - they are what is important to me and the Gospel is what helps us return to our Heavenly Father together.  That is The Plan.  

I feel so blessed.  I know that the knowledge and truths I have are priceless and Heavenly Father wants all his children to enjoy these blessings.  My greatest desire is that all of our Father's children, including by children and grandchildren come to KNOW their Savior, that is the way they will have the greatest joy in this life and in the eternities.  I love this Gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.   
Amen

*************************************************************************************************
   Heavenly Father has blessed my life in many ways.  I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet.  He was guided by Heavenly Father and taught by many Prophets and Apostles
of old to restore the Church in the latter days.  He went though many trials to polish him.  That is why we have trials is to polish us and smooth out the rough edges.  The Book of Mormon is true, and I am grateful to be serving where so many converts came from, then went to follow Joseph Smith's call to come to America.  The Church needed the skills and hard working people from England to build Heavenly Fathers kingdom in western United States.  The Mission has blessed our lives in so many ways, being around the missionaries for one.  I love serving here.  We are invited to a testimony meeting of the missionaries going home and often hear some of their success stories.  We can all grow if we keep the commandments and live the gospel.  Great Blessings will come and we will grow closer to our Savior.  
   Have Faith, Have Hope, Live like His Son, Help Others on our Way.
Elder Willmore




12 New Arrivals this week from the Preston MTC
February 21, 2017


February Arrivals














Banbury and the Cotswolds
This Friday afternoon we drove to Banbury to put together a bed for one of the sisters.  Sister Veater and I enjoyed our lovely visit with them while Elder Willmore and Elder Veater put together the bed.  Sister Harrigfeld is from Ashton, Idaho and Sister Mwoyosvi is from South Africa. We loved to hear about their experiences in finding people to teach and loved their experience in finding a lady that was walking to the store to find a new book about religion - they just so happened to have a wonderful book to give her.  She is loving her lessons with them and has a baptism date set.  Another testimony of who is in charge of this amazing work and His tender mercies.

Uplands House Bed and Breakfast


Cottage in the village of Wroxton

We then went to The Cotswolds and stayed over night in a Bed and Breakfast then spent our Pday driving around to several villages. We had a wonderful visit with the couple that owned the bed and breakfast and another couple that were staying the night there.  We had dinner and breakfast with them and even talked about politics (both US and Britain) and religion.  Very interesting!
Cottage in the Cotswolds



Upton Manor House
Reminds me of Downtown Abbey House


We toured Upton Manor House that was used as a Bank during World War II.  The bank owner moved the operations there to keep it safe during the war.  The manor house was given to the National Trust when the depression hit and the owners could not afford to keep the large houses anymore.






2 comments:

  1. I love how mission experiences put life into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your testimonies in word and deed

    ReplyDelete