President Monson said, ""Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is most important."
Time, literally, is running out — for each of us. We have less remaining today than we had yesterday, and we have no idea how much of it we have left in our mortal sojourn. Let us make the most of our time.

TUESDAY - May 9th
It seems that life is a whirlwind - time is in fast forward mode and I cannot believe how quickly the weeks and months are flying by. This past week we had arrivals from the Preston MTC on Tuesday - May 9th. One of the Sisters, Sister Aidoo, had to go to London to have a meeting to get her Visa from the US Embassy. She is only with us temporarily until she gets her visa to go to Georgia, USA to serve her mission.
I volunteered quickly when President said we needed a couple to take her and her companion to London. Somebody had to do it - right!
![]() |
| Elder & Sister Willmore near Parliment & Big Ben |
What breathtaking views we saw in London with our own personal guide - Sister Aidoo who grew up in downtown London and new the places to take us and the way to get us there hopping on and off the "tube" and buses. What an amazing experience and fun day with our two sweet Sister Missionaries, Sister Aido and Sister Wood
![]() |
| Sister Aidoo, Sister Willmore, Sister Wood with Big Ben, Westmister Bridge and Parliment in background |
![]() |
| In front of Westminster Abbey |
![]() |
| Iconic English Phone Booth picture |
![]() |
| Looking at Buckingham Palace |
| Tower Bridge - Absolutely Beautiful |
| Tower of London |
![]() |
| An evening with Keith and Kathy Gilley |
SATURDAY - May 13th
Even though we did not see them the same day we were in London our dear friends Keith and Kathy Gilley were also there visiting on a stop of their bus tour to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We met them in Newport on Saturday, which was our Pday. What a special evening to spend with good friends. It felt like a piece of HOME. It was so sweet of them to take the time to spend with us.
![]() |
| St Pierre's Marriott in Chepstow where we spent the night. |
![]() |
| St Pierre's Marriott |
![]() |
| Elder Willmore enjoying the sunshine and watching the golfers |
SUNDAY - we attended church in Newport Ward where Eric served on his mission. We meet several families that remembered Eric and had such a great visit with them. We received the "golden handshake" from Brother Lance (Lancelot) Urling. We talked to the Hayes family who remembered Elder Willmore and later we received a call from Brother Donovan who felt bad he did not see us on Sunday - he wanted us to have Eric contact him. It was a wonderful experience!
When we got home we talked to our family on Mother's Day.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY - May 14th
This morning I have been sitting in the sun with a breeze blowing and reading a book by Pat Holland. I love reading her books because she seems to have so many thoughts and ideas that I share with her. One I read this morning is this:
"I declare that home is where I long to be. I wanted to be there fixed and sure, when I am needed in any generation. I also know that when my family members, young and old, come to me in their struggles, they need to see me at my best. I want them to touch a hand that is calm, one that is under-girded with confidence, one that conveys strength and compassion and if it ever necessary, forgiveness. I want them to see charity in my eyes and feel the Spirit of the Holy Ghost in my home. I want them to know that I am their mother, their grandmother, their sister, their daughter. I want with all my heart to reflect the love and the strength of heaven as I join hands with God in protecting and blessing the souls of the children he has been good enough to send to and through me."
I want each of you to know that, like Sister Holland, this is the longing of my heart. I love being a mother, grandmother, sister and daughter and I feel so blessed for my relationship with each of you. You have each blessed my life and I love you each dearly. I want you to know that I will celebrate Mothers Day tomorrow with a thankful heart that I am blessed to be called "Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, Sister". I wish each of you a lovely Mothers Day.









No comments:
Post a Comment