Sunday, August 6, 2017

An Unexpected Visit - it made our day!




A Very Special Gift From Bob Dowling
This Monday we were invited to Bob and Carol Dowling's home for dinner and they presented us with a very special gift.  Bob has made this picture of  "The Shambles".  It is a street in York.  He made the picture by cutting thin layers of different colored wood and creating a picture with them.  He probably spent 50 hours making this picture.  It will be a treasure for us.  We enjoyed Carol's amazing cooking and her delicious pie.





Arrivals - Tuesday August 1st
We now have five new missionaries in the EBM Mission

Sister Leppard, Sister Magtoto (Philippines) Sister Martynenko (Ukraine)
Sister Mar (Fiji)  Elder Vermeere (Canada) Elder Orr (Oklahoma/USA) President Leppard



Outside our flat

An unexpected visit - it made our day!

Thursday late afternoon I received a message from my cousin, Melinda, saying some of her family were passing through Birmingham - about a half an hour later we gathered at our flat and had a wonderful visit and dinner with them.  We are so grateful they took the time to stop and see us.  Melinda's son, Nathan, and his wife and new little baby live in London.  They will soon be moving back to Utah.


Enjoying a meal together












Holding little Ezra - Such a treat!  I have not held a sweet little baby for a long time.

Tamworth has beautiful flowers everywhere in the town


Tamworth -

Saturday morning we spent a few hours in Tamworth at the markets - in the pouring rain.  A very fun place to walk around.  I love to hear the open street market owners call out to those passing by to buy their goods.  Lots of fresh flowers, fruits, vegetable and meats - along with everything else.




A famous Tamworth pig







Elder Willmore at the market

Sharing Recipes -
President Leppard taught me to make "English Roasted Potatoes" and I taught him how to make "Funeral Potatoes"





















Potatoe dinner with Leppards and Veaters at the Mission Home.  Of course, we also had beef, chicken, vegetable, fruit, rolls and yummy Nutella Cheesecake that Sister Leppard made.  I promised Eric I would learn to make the roasted potatoes before I came home.  Now I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment