
Happy Birthday this coming week to
Katelyn on August 28th
Brynlee on September 1st.
We love you both!
This week in the office we had missionaries in for Trainers meeting and Mid-trainers meeting. Getting ready for their new missionaries coming September 6th. We are also preparing for our Mission Tour from a member of the Seventy which will be this coming Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. A busy week ahead. What a joy it is to serve in the office.


A TENDER MERCY - I received a phone call on Thursday from Brother Haws who has served at Gadfield Elm Chapel for eight years. When I first arrived I saw the David Winter Cottage that was made in 2007 to commemorate the 170th Anniversary of the Church in the British Isles. I have been looking for this cottage and it was a tender mercy to receive the phone call from Brother Haws telling me someone he knew found one in the back of his garage. There were only 1000 Gadfield Elm Cottages made and I am now the proud owner of #211. I cherish this special cottage because it will always remind me of the sacred feelings I have whenever I visit this special place. My great great great grandfather, Thomas Oakey, both preached and was taught at this chapel. It is the 1st LDS Chapel in the world. Thomas only lived a few miles down the road in Eldersfield. He stayed in England and preached at this Chapel until the time the Saints sold it to provide money for converts of the church to immigrate to America.
Pday we went for a beautiful drive through
Wroxton in the Cotswolds - the pictures will tell the beauty of the ride. We have been here before but who wouldn't want to keep driving through villages like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment